Computer Tips and Tricks: Internet Browsers
When surfing the net, most users have Internet Explorer as their browsers. The tip for today is to familiarize yourselves with other internet browsers that you can download and use. Below is a list of some popular browsers and their features:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - the new version (check our previous blog) features tabbed web browsing, RSS feed integration, multiple search engines, and security changes.
- Mozilla Firefox - an open source browser featuring tabbed browsing, customization via feature extensions and UI themes, RSS support, news, forums, and more.
- Netscape Browser - has a security center for adware and spyware protection, identity theft protection, real-time feeds, site controls, and more.
- Opera Browser - features bitTorent, site preferences, content blocker, thumbnail preview, widgets, and more.
- Maxthon Browser - a highly customizable interface based on the Internet Explorer engine.
- Flock Browser - browser that integrates social networking, photo uploading, bookmarks, and other features.
- Safari Browser - a KHTML-based web browser with a built-in RSS manager for Apple Computers and optimized for Mac OS X.
Keep on checking our blog for more computer tips and tricks. Also, register for computer classes at any Orange County library. Remember these classes are free for Orange County residents.
For more information, call us at 407.835.7323 or check it out www.ocls.info