Computer Tips and Tricks:
Glass2k is a program that allows you to make your computer windows transparent. This is an advantage (of course aside from having a cool glass-like window) when you have several windows open, you don't have to keep moving windows around to view certain data. To start using Glass2K, just follow these steps:
- Click here to download Glass2K. Once downloaded, open it. A splash screen will display, followed by the Settings window. (You can also see the Glass2K icon in your taskbar)
- In the Settings Window, you can select Glass2K to run on start up. You can also change your Keyboard Shortcuts. Ctrl +Shift is the default hotkey. Pressing this hotkey plus a number (0-9) will indicate how transparent you would like the window to be. You can also right click anywhere in the open window and a pop-up menu will appear.
With Glass2k, your screen would be able to look like this:
The next program that we would like to share is called WindowFX. This is a shareware program that allows you to add a number of special effects to windows. Some of its features are its ability to morph windows when minimizing and maximizing, its wide range of semitrasparency options and more. Many of these effects are actually found in Windows Vista but you can now also have them in XP/2003.
- Click here to download WindowFX.
- After the installation, a window will appear. Select Continue and then a settings wizard will appear. That will allow you to select what specials effects you would like to add.
- Read the description of each effect and decide whether you would like it or not. Click Next.
- Continue the settings set up in this manner. You can also see a preview of some of the settings.
Keep checking our blog for more computer tips and tricks. Also, register for computer classes at any Orange County library. Remember these classes are free for Orange County residents.
For more information, call us at 407.835.7323 or check it out www.ocls.info