Computer Tips and Tricks: Administrator Account: I Forgot My Password!
Have you ever tried to figure out your password to your Administrator account? Let's say you're trying to log on to your computer but you don't remember your password at all. This is quite a problem especially if you have the Administrator account because you won't be able to modify anything in your computer or even change settings. This usually happens because you don't usually use that account, and you end up forgetting the password. Well, if this happens to be you, here's what you can do.
- Reboot your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, restart your computer, but once Windows starts to boot up, hit the F8 key on your keyboard. You will see a list of boot options and just select Safe Mode and hit Enter.
- Once your computer is in Safe Mode, go to Start, Run and type in "control userpasswords2." A new window will then come up with all of your user names listed.
- Click the Administrator account and hit the Reset Password button.
- Type in a new password in both the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes.
- Click OK and your passwords will be changed.
- Restart your computer normally and you are all set!
Keep checking our blog for more computer tips and tricks. Also, register for computer classes at any Orange County library. Remember these classes are free for Orange County residents.
For more information, call us at 407.835.7323 or check it out www.ocls.info