Southwest Book Club Meets January 6
The book may be reserved for home delivery or location pick-up at http://www.ocls.info
Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to attend. The book club meets monthly at the Southwest Branch Library. For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email email@example.com
If you are unable to attend the meeting or you would like to join our discussion, you can share your thoughts or respond to the discussion questions below. Simply click "Comments" located at the bottom of this post. Join the discussion!
1. Could you be persuaded that certain plants have powers, as Claire describes and uses them? If you believed you possessed the magical powers that Claire has inherited, how would you use them? What's the first thing you would do?
2. The four Waverley women in this novel (Claire, Sydney, Bay, Evanelle) have special gifts. Which of the four gifts would you like to have yourself? Why?
3. Which character changes the most over the course of the book? What does he or she learn? What had to take place in order for this to happen?
4. Do you consider this to be a "southern" novel? Besides its setting, what characteristics make it so?
5. If you know that biting into a Waverley apple would reveal your future, would you bite? Why or why not?
Questions obtained from Readinggroupguides.com