Southwest Book Club Meets November 10
Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to attend. The book club meets monthly at the Southwest Branch Library. For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of this book may be reserved for home delivery or location pick-up at http://www.ocls.info
For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email email@example.com
If you are unable to attend the meeting or you would like to join our discussion, you can share your thoughts or respond to the discussion questions below. Simply click "Comments" located at the bottom of this post. Join the discussion!
1. How would you characterize the relationship between Faye Travers and Kurt Krahe, and how does it change over the course of the novel?
2. To what extent do you agree with Faye and Elsie Travers that the theft of the drum from the Jewett Parker Tatro estate and the return of it to the Ojibwe people was an ethical decision?
3. How does the author use the theme of grief relating to the deaths of young children to connect different characters in The Painted Drum?
4. Of all of the characters in The Painted Drum, which did you find most memorable, and why?
5. To what extent does Faye's discovery of missing dog's skeleton in the final scene of the book bring the narrative of the novel full-circle?
Discussion questions obtained from HarperCollins Pulishers.