Southwest Book Club Meets April 13
Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to attend. The book club meets monthly at the Southwest Branch Library. For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of this book may be reserved for home delivery or location pick-up at http://www.ocls.info
For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email email@example.com
If you are unable to attend the meeting or you would like to join our discussion, you can share your thoughts or respond to the discussion questions below. Simply click "Comments" located at the bottom of this post. Join the discussion!
1. Dr. Delaney has had a difficult life. How does Delaney's past haunt him in the present? To what degree do you think he has healed by the end of the novel?
2. Why does Grace leave Carlos with Delaney? Do you feel her actions are justified by her explanation? What role do you think her relationship with her own father played in this decision?
3. What is the significance of the North River in the novel? How does the imagery the author uses evolve over the course of the story? Do you think it is an apt metaphor for Delaney's life?
4. How do you think Rose's personality contrasts with Delaney's? What effect does her presence have on him?
5. Many characters in this novel are tough, without being mean. Has such a quality vanished from today's life in America?
Questions obtained at readinggroupguides.com