Southwest Book Club Meets August 17
The Southwest Book Club will meet on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the Southwest Library to discuss the Zachary Chasteen mystery series by Florida author, Bob Morris. A mixture of mystery and humor, his books can be described as seriocomic thrillers which take place in Florida and the Caribbean. Though a series, each novel can be read as a stand-alone.
Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to attend. The book club meets monthly at the Southwest Branch Library. For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email email@example.com
Copies of this book may be reserved for home delivery or location pick-up at http://www.ocls.info
For more information, please call 407.835.7323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to attend the meeting or you would like to join our discussion, you can share your thoughts or respond to the discussion questions below. Simply click "Comments" located at the bottom of this post. Join the discussion!
1. Overall, how did you experience the book while reading it? Were you immediately drawn into the story or did it take a while? Did the book intrigue, amuse, disturb, alienate or irritate you?
2. Did you find the characters convincing or believable? Fully developed as complex human beings?
3. Was the plot well-developed? Believable?
4. Discuss the mystery aspect of the plotline. How effective is the author's use of plot twists and red herrings? Were you able to predict certain things before they happened or did the author keep you guessing until the end of the story?
5. If you read other books in the Zachary Chasteen series, how does this book stack up against others in the series?
Questions obtained from http://litlovers.com/questions_f.htm and http://readinggroupguides.com/no_guide/guide_mystery_thriller.asp